Group Study Rooms in Gill Library provide space for small groups of students to use for academic purposes for up to 3 hours a day. The Group Study Room Policy is meant to ensure that these Rooms provide a clean and comfortable environment and are available on an equitable basis. Groups of CNR students have priority of use of the Group Study Rooms.
1. Each Group Study Room occupant agrees to comply with the Gill Group Study Room Policy. Not complying may result in revocation of the privilege to use a Group Study Room.
2. Users must submit an online form to book a Group Study Room on the 2nd floor, i.e., Room 206, Room 212, or Room 213.
3. A Group Study Room may be booked in one-hour increments for up to three hours per day.
4. Users must confirm their Group Study Room booking within 15 minutes by responding to an automated email message.
5. Rooms may be reserved no more than four weeks in advance by completing the online Group Study Room booking form.
6. Users should occupy the Room on time to avoid forfeiting the reservation and should cancel a reservation they do not wish to keep.
7. Groups (2 or more people) have priority over one individual requesting or occupying a Group Study Room.
8. A maximum of 4 to 6 people may use a Study Room depending upon which room is available.
9. Each Group Study Room occupant must leave a photo ID card with a valid expiration date at the Circulation Desk.
10. Each ID card is returned to its owner (and to no one else) when he or she vacates the Group Study Room.
11. The Library is not responsible for belongings left unattended in the Group Study Room or elsewhere.
12. Covered drinks, but no food, permitted in the Group Study Rooms or anywhere else in the Library.
13. Group Study Room occupants agree to vacate the Group Study Room 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time or when asked to vacate the Group Study Room by a Librarian or Library worker.
14. Gill Library reserves the right to cancel a Group Study Room booking.